Corrosion X, Speed X,Reel X ?????

Started by RWS, July 10, 2011, 11:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWS

What's the differences ???????? When to use ????????

akfish

I believe Corrosion-X and Reel-X are the same thing with just packaging differences -- Corrosion-X comes in large containers and Reel-X comes only in one ounce bottles. Speed-X is the same thing but lighter. I use Corrosion-X for all my fast moving parts (bearings,, etc.) except on small baitcasters where I use Speed-X.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

alantani

"ReelX is the same technology (i.e. same "polar bonding molecules", same corrosion protection, dielectric characteristic), but it's different than regular CorrosionX in two ways. #1 it's a thinner, lower viscosity formula. #2 it has an additional ingredient (the same one that's in SpeedX, only there's not as much) that chemically alters metal and metal oxide wear surfaces whenever it's activated by triboenergy (the heat energy of friction). So in plain English, the more pressure and rpm that's applied, the slicker it gets. Unlike conventional lubes that'll seize and/or wear if you put enough pressure on them, this stuff just gets slicker. It's really cool! On most of the standard industry wear tests (like ASTM-D4172), CorrosionX and to a greater extent ReelX and SpeedX are in a class by themselves. The new CorrosionX, ReelX and SpeedX have all been improved within the last year or so taking advantage of our military product (CorrosionX Aviation) advancements. So they're actually even better than they were. 

P.S. for lubing reels, no more than 1 drop per bearing. More than that can actually form a hydrodynamic wedge (like a standing wave on a very small scale) in front of the bearings that will actually slow your spin rate."

Best regards,

J.D. Hill
Masthead Marketing & Distribution
3601 Turtle Creek Blvd., Suite 905 • Dallas, TX 75219
469.583.9218 • jdhill@rejex.com

RejeX: Nothing Sticks But The Shine!™

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

The technical detail is great, thanks Alan.
Can't wait to drop 'hydrodynamic wedge' into a conversation.  ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer