Penn Torque Spinner

Started by Roger, July 12, 2011, 11:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

The long awaited review on the Penn Torque Spinner by Alan Hawk is on SOL. Good read.......

http://www.stripersonline.com/forum/thread/808920/penn-torque-spinning-the-review
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

yeah, he does great work, doesn't he!!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

plastic tiki

It looks like a good bit of kit, bit rich for me though :(
The perils of kayak fishing are great...... especially for the fish!

Rare

Looks like Penn is heading back to the old ways!!!  ;D Wth just a few tweaks this reel can put them back on the market

alantani

that's been the case with so many reels.  just a few tweaks.  that's all it takes in most cases.  figure out where the reel will fail and fix that, then move onto the next weakest link.  i guess the business model is to not address a problem unless people squawk!   >:(

Alto Mare

That's one heck of a reel! I had no idea that it was such a simple design. I think that this reel could be serviced by anyone, hech, you could probably do it with your eyes closed after a few times. I like everything on the reel except the handle knob, the housing, showing on the 26th picture is what really cought my eyes, I have never seen anything like it on other spinners with the reinforced bracing at the right location . This reel is built like a tank, I see a lot of my favorite reel in it, the ss model (with a gladiator suit). I'm old fashioned, and when I get comfortable with something, it's very hard for me to make a changes, but after taking a closer look at this reel, I might just do it, or at least grab one. I think that Alan Hawk did an excellent job on the tutorial, what is it with these guys named Alan ;D. I had no idea who he was.... now I know!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

the man does excellent work and i hope it continues.  i, for one, would be happy to keep on working on "blue collar" reels.  leave the fancy stuff to the other guys.   ;D