My proposed 113H build ups

Started by seaeagle2, July 14, 2011, 12:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaeagle2

Look what you guys have done, I'm hook on this whole reel mod thing now.  I have one 113H with the Cast spool, so I picked up a 113HL off of ebay.... my plan is to get a JVARIANCE narrow frame and spool kit, and the HT100 drag set and use the side plates from the 113HL, then take the aluminum spool from the 113HL and use it in the 113H.  Honestly the 113H I got AK Fish that was gone through and included the clamp and power handle prices out less than doing it this way, but I want to play with one. So then hopefully I'll end up with one really light reel (I'm trying to get my wife to go halibut fishing with me next year) and one that's at least a little lighter than the "stock" 113H.  Plus I kinda like having something that's a little bit different that what everybody else has..
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Alto Mare

Quote from: seaeagle2 on July 14, 2011, 12:56:54 AM
Look what you guys have done, I'm hook on this whole reel mod thing now.  I have one 113H with the Cast spool, so I picked up a 113HL off of ebay.... my plan is to get a JVARIANCE narrow frame and spool kit, and the HT100 drag set and use the side plates from the 113HL, then take the aluminum spool from the 113HL and use it in the 113H.  Honestly the 113H I got AK Fish that was gone through and included the clamp and power handle prices out less than doing it this way, but I want to play with one. So then hopefully I'll end up with one really light reeland one that's at least a little lighter than the "stock" 113H.  Plus I kinda like having something that's a little bit different that what everybody else has..
(I'm trying to get my wife to go halibut fishing with me next year)
Why?  ::), just kidding! ;D ;D
You have a nice project going seaeagle2. Buying that reel from Akfish, I can assure you that it won't need anything but your upgades. Good luck to you, we're here to help you if needed. There is no stopping you now! ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.