Saltist 30T

Started by Petah, February 15, 2018, 12:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petah

Does anybody know of a better rod clamp for this reel? I hate the curved bolts as I continually drop them
on the deck when I'm trying to set up my rods. And, the clamp is stepped so it's very uncomfortable!!!
Mahalos in advance!!!!

Peter

thorhammer

Maybe a Strike master, though they have good size profile. Switch out the bolts as you desire.

SoCalAngler

Both Daiwa and Tiburon make reel aftermarket clamps for the 30T sized reels. Their not cheap though.

Edit: I just did a Google search and I could not find the Daiwa Universal Reel Clamp, so maybe they don't make them anymore?

eguinn

I have to ask a very important question, how important is the color of the reel to you? I ask because I've been down the road you are looking to go down. I tried every size of frame that Tib makes & couldn't get a single 1 of them to securely clamp a reel on a deckhand style of rod, same thing with the Daiwa clamp. Never ever get 1 to fit the reel securely After a phone call to Daiwa I find that the side plates will inter change between the Bg & 30t, both will bolt right in the Bg 35 frame with no mods needed, The new Bg frame fixed the problem of the crappy S shaped clamp bolts by putting a straight stud right into the reel base just like it should be, the only things I found I had to do differently was put SS clamp studs in place of the chrome plated brass, & the Right side of the frame where the side plate mounts is exactly the same as the old Saltist except that they went to a .5mm larger diameter side plate screw, same length, don't understand that 1, they never ever had a problem with the screws, oh well I used a SS screw from McMaster. Like I said earlier unless you repair the reel it's going to look a lot different because your old reel now has a Bg35 frame on it & nice straight studs to clamp onto. Not only does it fit like it should because it was made for that size reel, but it is also the cheapest option, cost was $35-$40.Ed