Handle sizing reference

Started by Ruffy, February 16, 2018, 02:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruffy

Hi all,
Starting this post as a reference for handle sizing and interchangeability. I've done up some photos of how I am documenting sizing for reference, I don't have an abundance of reels so I'm hoping for input from the Tani family. My plan was to document what I've got, if people can post up sizings of reels they've got and myself or the mods can then edit the original post to make it the one post for all sizing. Then people will know what reel handles can go on where. Happy for feedback, any ideas on how we can make it better and we can go from there.

All sizing will be documented as A x B x C. A is the round size of the gear sleeve as measured on the handle. B is the width of the gear sleeve where its had the two edges milled off as measured on the handle. C is the depth of the handle. The one caveat will be an S at the end, which is to denote a swept handle which is common on new baitcasters. If it has a S on the end, you're on your own for interchangeability as the swept back area needs to go around the drag star, this is variable from reel to reel and a whole 'nother problem!

7 x 4 x 3mm:
Shimano Calcutta 400B/400BSV, Shimano Curado 200E7, Shimano Citica 200E, Shimano Chronarch 50E

8 x 5 x 3mm:
Abu 4500/5500/6500 (S in later models),

8 x 5 x 2.5mm:
Shimano Bantam 50,

9 x 7 x 3.5mm:
Daiwa Sealine 30H,

xjchad

Great idea!  8)
I'll try to add to the list as I have different reels apart.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

handi2

This will be very helpful.

Thanks for taking the time.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

swill88

Quote from: xjchad on April 23, 2018, 06:11:37 PM
Great idea!  8)
I'll try to add to the list as I have different reels apart.

X2

YEP!

thanks, steve