Another grease question

Started by seaeagle2, July 15, 2011, 11:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaeagle2

So I just found some tubes of Mercury Quicksilver multi purpose 2-4-C Marine lubricant with teflon.  It says Extremely water resistant, won't breakdown when mixed with water. Recommended for a bunch of stuff and wheel bearing. Most interesting to me is it's about the same color as the tub of Cal's I have. (Just sayin).  And it comes in 3 oz tubes ( I have more three oz grease guns than brain cells, one for this lube for the outboards, one for "green grease" for trailer wheel bearings, and one I can't remember what's in it ::) ) Anybody ever use it, I'm thinking I might give it a go.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

JGB

I have used it but not on reels. As I recall it was similar to Yamalube but a little thinner. Mercruiser also made a excellent grease that was for greasing Gimbal bearings. I wish they still made it as it was thinner than Yamalube and specifically designed to protect and lube exposed bearings from intermittent contact with salt water and high humidity. I was pricey around $15 for a cartridge. Same idea of packing bearings to keep water out.

Jim N.

alantani

nor have i.  the problem with most of the other products has been the stickiness.  it's just been a matter of feeling like the product is unpleasant to work with.  nothing more. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!