Jvairance test was a success...

Started by Board4life, July 16, 2011, 06:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Board4life

Only got one fish... but it was a good one.

Did I mention I love this conversion?

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

Very nice fish.  Looks like Rabbit Island in the background.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Board4life

We left shelter Island and went in the direction of the Rock Pile. We were 41 miles out when we found them. Had a triple hookup but lost other two. I learned when the fish wrap your line and pull real hard... 30# mono will cut 80# braid. At least that is what happened to us. I am just glad I had the mono. We followed the school around for hours but couldn't get them to bite anymore. This was three weeks ago...

We stopped at the islands to mess around a bit before coming in and that is where the pic was taken.

That reel is a tank... And the slight grind from the newel gears didn't bother me a bit.

blktwr2660

Not from around here,Just fishing and doing time on planet earth.

Alto Mare

Nice catch, board4life.  You're right they are built like tanks, nice reels aren't they. I customized a few and sold over a dozen. Hey did you customize yours or did you buy it already assembled, it looks familiar ;D. Thanks for sharing, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Board4life

I did it myself... first rebuild and conversion. Only thing I haven't done to it yet was the stainless gear sleeve. I am sure that will be soon though. Taking it to La Paz next month for the real test.

Alto Mare

Very nice job, doesn't it give you a great feeling catching a nice fish on a reel that you've customized yourself? I would install the SS sleeve before taking it to play with the big boys though, I'm also going to recommend that you place one of those carbon washer that you used for the drag stack for under the main gear, they're working great for me. Let me know if you need help with anything, SaL
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.