International 12LT max drag

Started by steveclem, July 17, 2011, 01:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveclem

Hi, can anyone shed light on the maximum drag setting I can achieve with the above reel? I'm looking to install carbontex washers now, is there anything else I can do, short of replacing the reels to achieve a higher drag or am I looking at replacement with a similar sized reel such as the Alutecnos Gorilla range or an Avet Raptor? I understand Cals can do a blueprint conversion but I'd then have to post from Europe and return so the cost could be an issue.Any suggestions or alternatives? Also are handle conversions available to fit? I'd prefer a more ergonomic power knob if they're available. At this rate I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't just buy new reels. Any advice much appreciated.
Regards,
Steve

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

steveclem

Thanks Bryan, tried them out today and got about that using digital scales and they are pretty much on the button, Cals is out of the question as I strongly suspect I'll get stung for all sorts of tax on the return which could double the cost of conversion. I'm going to try adding another belleville washer and reconfigure them as seen done on a couple of larger reels here on this site. Ideally I'd like 20#+ but that might be a non-starter, we'll see what happens.