I can search this board all day and not find what I am looking for.

Started by Rjnelson1184, March 04, 2018, 02:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjnelson1184

So I am new here and honestly don't have much time to spend hours upon hours searching few the few thing I want.  So I have Penn Senators from 3/0's to 6/0's, and TLD' from 15/20s's to 50LRS's.  Most of them are great just the way they are.  But I am looking for a few things for my smaller reels.  I just got a larger boat and now need to custom some of my smaller stuff to be about to fish the deeper waters.  I'm looking for a solid frame, better drag washers, and a power handle for my penn 3/0's 112h.  For my star drag tld 15/20's I'd like power handles and better drag.  And for my tld single speed 25 I'd like a power handle.  I really like the size of the 3/0 and being I have 3 of them I think it will be cheaper to custom them then it would be to go out and buy a few avets. Please if anyone could give me a hand and point me in the right direction so I don't have to sit here and search and search.   Thanks!!!!

Swami805

Penn parts, cortez conversions and pro challenger have online stores that should make things easy. Alan Tani has some great handle options, shoot him a PM and He'll let you know what's available. There's other members that make some great custom parts too but they don't have a formal store so it takes a little effort but it's worth it. Many on here are in it for the love of the game more than a commercial venture.
Oh yeah welcome
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Rivverrat

The search option is not the greatest here. A lot of times if you google what your looking for this search will bring you here to an appropriate thread... Jeff

Swami805

I forgot to mention Randy at vintage offshore tackle is having tiburon do a special run of frames and spools for 112h 3/0. They'll be a narrow kit. These will come and go quick. Shoot him a PM if you're interested but he's out of town so he might not respond for a bit.

Rjnelson1184

How do I get in touch with Randy from vintage offshore tackle?

Gfish

Top a the page is the "HOME" section, tap on it, then go down the home page to the "FOR SALE" section: "Vintage Offshore Tackle by Randy Pauly".

I've found it's eaiser in the "search " mode to simplify. For example: insteada "Penn Senator 3/0",just type in "112".
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

if you click on his screen name his profile will come up and use the personal message function. If you look at many of his posts he lists his phone number and email too.

Jim Fujitani

Just a warning....LOL!!

Customizing the reels that you have may eventually cost more than new Avets.  But the advantages of customizing is that you update as time and funds allow, and you get to continue to use reels that you have had a direct hand in prepping.

Upgrading handles and drag materials are easy and won't cause big dents in your funds.  Upgrading bridges, dogs, gears, and frames are a different story....

Welcome to the madness!!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Swami805 on March 04, 2018, 03:58:29 AM
if you click on his screen name his profile will come up and use the personal message function. If you look at many of his posts he lists his phone number and email too.

Thank you for the help Sheridan. 

I am picking up the new 1 5/8" narrow kits for the the 112H 3/0 Senator on 3/12 and have six silver kits left.  If you are happy with the standard width of your 112H, I have a mint gold "old style" topless Tiburon frame with rod clamp kit that I can sell with a matching gold Pro Gear aluminum drag star for $95 including shipping to anywhere in the USA.  I can also get you a new Tiburon frame in any of their available colors for $75 with rod clamp kit.  Please let me know if any of the above will work for you.
Thank you,
Randy

mike1010

Rather than use the limited search engine here, you can use google (or duckduckgo, and maybe other search engines) to search this site specifically.  For example try this in your browser:

site:alantani.com 112h drag frame

--Mike

philaroman

The AT search engine is fine if you actually use the Search Tab
esp., if you refine the parameters in Advanced Search.

What sucks is the Quick-Search box at upper right of every page:
I think it only scans the current section/subsection -- not entire Forum
& God only knows how it determines the order of the results

mike1010

Quote from: philaroman on March 04, 2018, 09:54:50 PM

The AT search engine is fine if you actually use the Search Tab
esp., if you refine the parameters in Advanced Search.

What sucks is the Quick-Search box at upper right of every page:
I think it only scans the current section/subsection -- not entire Forum
& God only knows how it determines the order of the results

Funny.  I didn't even know that feature was there.  Thanks.

bhale1

.....me either, are you talking about hitting the little plus symbol on the address bar for each page? I just hit it for the first time and a search option popped up....who knew 8)
Brett

Carl L

Just take it in shifts, when searching the board; try several 2hr sessions a day..... I've been at it for a month, and I think ive read about 15 percent of it, and made some friends!!... You gotta love this site !!