Anjoemara

Hello forummembers

I have a question
Does Tsi 321 help against corrosion
I want to use a freshwater spinningreel on saltwater
Regards

Gobi King

Corrosion, well yes, it even brought hair back on my head!   ;D ;D ;D

"TSI 321 was mixed with petroleum and Diester oils, mixing occurred without any trouble, compatibility appeared to be good.  Samples of mixed oils were subjected to +450°F to -100°F, discoloration occurred but no sediments were noted.  Low carbon steel gears were coated with each mixture and subjected to heat and humidity in a humidity chamber (200°F @ 100% humidity), after 48 hours no evidence of rust formation.  A new batch of gears were lubricated with virgin petroleum and Diester base oils and placed in the humidity chamber under identical conditions.  Rust spots were noted after 8 hours.  A third batch of gears were coated only with TSI 321 and subjected to the identical humidity and temperature conditions, after 48 hours, no rust had formed.  The test was terminated after 7 days, at this time the gears were examined microscopically for possible rust formation; none was found."

http://www.tsi301.com/tsi321moreinfo.htm

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Anjoemara

Thanks a lot
I appreciate IT

Sorry for poor English

Regards

Gobi King

You are welcome, your English fine, no need to apologize.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Rivverrat

Yes, it works well regarding corrosion. But still it is highly recommended that you follow one one the fine tutorials here on this site. It's best to coat everything inside the reel with a fine layer of grease... Jeff