fishing with the mogensens - 7/17/11

Started by alantani, July 18, 2011, 06:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

fishing with the mogensens - 7/17/11

i had promised eric i'd take him fishing 2 years ago.  finally have a chance to make good on that promise.  

meet brent, ...

scotty, ......

trace, ....

and mom!

it was a long run to point sur, but it was well worth it!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

kamuwela

i aint got no clue on those fish but the smiles tell a whole big story. looks like you showed them a very god time.

Bryan Young

Whoa, 1 ling and look at all of those reds (vermillion).  Man, you really put them on some fish.  Good job Alan, and I'm sure they are surely glad you hosted.  The weather looked pretty good except for that wind.  What a break.  Thanks for sharing.  Was going to call, but figured you were beat.  Good night.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

hey bryan how you cook dat buggah? sorry but kinda ugly eh? what dat kine can kau kau or what? lol you gonna have  to interpert now  ::) steamed with lup chong, chinese parsley, peanut oil?

Roger

Wow, great job Alan and with all the smiles it sure looks like everybody had a good time.......
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Very nice Alan, always a great report. ;) Good thing you only get to go out every now and then, otherwise, from the way you're catching them, there won't be any fish left at that spot. ;D ;D. Thanks for sharing! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Alan, the fish that Trace is holding appears to be over 8lb,( but it might be the close up shot ), his gear can't be rated more than 8lb. Did he bring him in with no problems? I know that the reel would handle it, I'm sure you worked on it, but that rod looks kind of small for that fish :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

seaeagle2

Yum, that ling's some good eatin,  I have yet to even try for lings here in Puget Sound, we have about a 1 month season, with a slot limit.  Makes me want to whip up a batch of fish and chips I think ling makes the best, but I would have to settle for halibut  ::) 'cause that's what I have in the freezer.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

Bryan Young

Quote from: kamuwela on July 18, 2011, 07:54:48 AMhey bryan how you cook dat buggah? sorry but kinda ugly eh? what dat kine can kau kau or what? lol you gonna have  to interpert now  ::) steamed with lup chong, chinese parsley, peanut oil?

Aloha Kamu,  Steamed Chinese style is a winner.  Also BBQ, fried, baked, sashimi,...  The reds are similar to taste with Onaga and Opakapaka, but not as sweet.  Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Hey guys, the fourth picture from the top made on the front page and inside story on Western Outdoors News July 29, 2011 issue.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.