2/16/09 to 2/20/09 - skiing at northstar

Started by alantani, February 23, 2009, 03:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

we had a near disaster 3 weeks ago when my 90 year old father-in-law took a bad spill and hit his head.  he spent two days in an ICU, 5 more days on a medicine ward and then we finally got him home.  that same day, my wife was laid off, so she and i have been providing round the clock care.  he's back at home now.

we got my wife's sister to come down for the week so that we could get the kids out on a ski trip during their spring break.  i'd cancelled two ski trips during these last two weeks.  this time, we were actually going.

monday, february 16th.  6 hours for a normally 4 hour drive.  we spend 2 hours waiting through chain control. 

we stayed in town of truckee, just 10 minutes north of the ski resort. 

tuesday, we woke up to light snow and skied in it all day.  snow conditions were great!

wednesday it was partly cloudy all day.  ski conditions continued perfect.

we were even able to hook up with two other families from home.

thursday we continued with perfect ski conditions.

ugghhhh!  3 days of skiing in a row and we're all beat.  i've worked hard to get the kids well equipped and well trained.  that includes having to carry their own gear. 

we ended the evening with a very tough game of monopoly and drove home the next day.  it was nice to get away for the week. 

now, back to work!!!!!!!!!!!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!