Looking for a Bail Assembly for Sahara 3000 FD

Started by lifeofRiley, March 14, 2018, 04:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lifeofRiley

A buddy gave me a Sahara 3000FD to look at. The bail wire fell out of the cone shaped piece of metal that houses the roller bearing. I've been looking to buy the part, its number is RD10885. If anyone has one for sale, or knows where I could find one it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, could I glue the bail wire back in place?
15 2, 15 4, pair for 6, knobs is 7

philaroman

I would guess epoxy is good enough on a light-duty reel...  otherwise, I don't have the part, but do have some good info:

Sahara 2500/3000FD & Symetre 2500/3000FI are basically the same reel
aside from 1 bearing, all the minor differences are purely cosmetic
EVERYTHING is interchangeable/inter-compatible

just get a donor reel -- your Sahara also needs another bearing, to replace the plastic bushing on the main gear
this looks OK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shimano-Symetre-2500fi-spinning-reel-broken-handle/391998290462?hash=item5b44eb3a1e:g:Ch4AAOSwwl1apd2O, but you can do much better w/ patience

I got a Sahara 3000FD & Symetre 2500FI (both w/ different rotor/bail issues) in the same lot for <$35, shipped
they combined very nicely into 1 pristine reel + 1 complete spare body/gearbox + many extra rotor parts
for a goof, I even put the bodies together two-tone "checker-board" style  8)  both function perfectly