Daiwa heartland anti-reverse issue

Started by Mozza, July 20, 2011, 12:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozza

Hi guys,

Hey, I was wondering if any of you have had similar problems: the anti-reverse on my reel is not engaging instantly especially when she's 'all warmed up'. I have replaced the bearing and spacer but still have the same problems. I'm convinced it has something to do with wear but it beats me where (geddit). The plate that covers the housing should sit flush with the top of the spacer but I'm not sure it does. If there is even the slightest room, the anti-reverse I believe won't kick in so thats why I replaced the washer. It seemed to work for a while but it's gone again in too shorter a time.

This reel has done some serious miles as it is my 'all-in-one' go to reel.  I bought as I did not have the $$ for a certate.

Is it possible there may be another 'wear and tear' problem.  Also, in the housing is a screw which I presume has soemthing to do with the AR engage lever and it's stripped - could that be a problem?  I can post pics of these if needed.

This reel has caught barramundi up to 30lb as well as other hefty fishies so I may be asking a bit much from it.  Still, at its price range, I would have expected a better lifetime out of it.

Tx in advance

Mozza

Daisy

G'day Mozza, I gather your talking about a Heartland XA spinner and can only think that the AR mechanism at the base of the reel is failing/broken, even if your Instant anti reverse bearing is stuffed this should stop it from spinning backwards.

Cheers, Daisy
Aw c'mon sweetie? I only need one more reel :-D