Reassembling an AVET SX 6/4

Started by socal.beach.bum, July 21, 2011, 09:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has anyone taken apart an AVET SX 6/4 reels?

yes
1 (50%)
no
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: July 28, 2011, 09:48:06 PM

socal.beach.bum

I tore mines down to do some light maintenance and cleaning, but now can't seem to put it back together correctly.  
The problem is the spool has now shifted about 1/4 inch to the left (right handed reel), so basically it does not free spool.
I think the problem has to do with the gears shifting when I took it apart.  
Even though I down loaded the skematics from AVET and put it back exactly as shown, I still have this problem.  
Can anyone help?

Bryan Young

I'm trying to envision as to why you have a shft to the left.  If you unscrew the frame, the spool should still be attached to the right side plate.  Are you installing the spool onto the right side plate before installing the assembly into the frame?

Do you have the belleville installed correctly?  How about the pusher bushing?  There's just not enough room in the reel frame for that much of a shift.

Can you take it apart again and take pics of the parts associated with the spool and lay them out in order? 

If not, you can always bag it and send it in to Alan for re-assembly at a nominal charge, of course.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

a quarter inch is alot!!!!!  sounds like a spacer is missing.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!