Looking for a right sideplate for a 50s international

Started by Whit, March 28, 2018, 04:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whit

Friends:

I have a frame, stand,  left sideplate, Drag assembly, and spool for a 50s international.  Looking for any or all of the rest of it.  A Right sideplate with internals plus a pinion would be wonderful.... but if you have less than that, I'm also interested.

Thanks!

Whit

foakes

If anyone here could help Whit, it would be greatly appreciated.

Whit is a stand-up guy, while a fairly new member — he is a solid gentleman of the highest order.

I know someone on here has these parts he needs.

Thanks for checking!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

STRIPER LOU

You might try jdltreasures. Also there was a post here, and a link for craigslist was provided to sell pretty much a warehouse full of parts. This was originally  from Bucko Bros in Fall River Mass. I was told he passed away.

I believe there is a good amount of Penn International parts there. Unfortunately the gent that bought it doesn't know a lot about what he has and wants to sell 1000/1500 square feet of parts in one shot.

The warehouse is going to become a bakery. It was way more parts than most could use and would really have to go to a dealer. At the time I spoke to him, he was not willing to break up reel parts.
If its changed, it might be worth looking in too.

You would need a contact in the Fall River area. Its a haul from where I am. Might be worth trying if all else fails.

Good luck,  ..  Lou