Colored Penn Help

Started by TongassFisher, March 28, 2018, 05:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Quote from: TongassFisher on March 29, 2018, 02:39:12 PM
Off topic but does a Tani stainless 209 sleeve fit a Penn 180?

If you're referring to the gear sleeve...yes...it will drop right in...unless your 180 is an old one. Some of the old 180s have that funky narrower bridge post. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Keta

Quote from: TongassFisher on March 29, 2018, 02:39:12 PM
Off topic but does a Tani stainless 209 sleeve fit a Penn 180?

Penn Parts lists them as "98-155AT" I just put one in my Seaboy 185.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

TongassFisher

Just finished restoring a gray 25 Monofil tonight that I got from Randy, thanks btw!

The two green 26s in the background are in pretty rough shape and need help. They are for a future resto project.

So does anyone have a handle that is in great shape that would be era correct for this 25? Its a 24-155 I believe.

Also still on the hunt for a clean rose colored 27.

Here are some pictures.

54bullseye

I think these are kinda cool !! I would like to find a nice set of Grey side plate or the Rose colored plates for one of these.  John Taylor

STRIPER LOU

John, those are absolutely amazing! They're way beyond cool! ;) ;D :o

I love the monofils and have collected at least a couple dozen in all the colors over the years.

I believe your collection of cradles is one of the best around.

Great stuff,  ..  Lou

Swami805

Those are beautiful John, All matching gold too.
I'm still working on finding a teal green levelwind, the prices lately are a little out of my leauge lately.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

54bullseye

Thanks for the complements !!!  TongassFisher that's a real nice bunch of Monofil's !!!  Sheridan is this the one your looking for ??  John Taylor

mo65

Quote from: TongassFisher on April 10, 2018, 02:36:11 AM
Just finished restoring a gray 25 Monofil tonight that I got from Randy, thanks btw!
So does anyone have a handle that is in great shape that would be era correct for this 25? Its a 24-155 I believe.

It looks like you already have the correct handle on that gray 25. Nice lookin' reel BTW! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

TongassFisher

Quote from: mo65 on April 10, 2018, 05:04:31 PM
Quote from: TongassFisher on April 10, 2018, 02:36:11 AM

It looks like you already have the correct handle on that gray 25. Nice lookin' reel BTW! 8)

I do have the correct handle but it's not in very good condition. I did my best to take out the bend in it but it shows some pitting so I figured why not source out a clean like new handle if I can find one.

TongassFisher

John those cradle reels are awesome!

I got the 9/0 in the mail and have it appart on my kitchen awaiting the full AT treatment. Hope you enjoy the 500!

Trevor

54bullseye

Quote from: TongassFisher on April 10, 2018, 08:28:12 PM
John those cradle reels are awesome!

I got the 9/0 in the mail and have it appart on my kitchen awaiting the full AT treatment. Hope you enjoy the 500!

Trevor

Mine has been in Seattle for 2 days !!!  That 9/0 should work good for you shouldn't it ?    John Taylor