Navarre 2018

Started by Shark Hunter, April 01, 2018, 06:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 26, 2018, 07:25:14 AM
That dream can easily become a reality. ;)

I imagine it could except we have just had to have new felt, battens and tiles on the roof of our bungalow, and it wasn't cheap (£7500.00) just about cleaned us out!!

Who knows in the future, but time is marching on, I have now reached the grand age of 68, so the grim reaper is flying lower, I keep ducking ;D

Take care,

Mike.

handi2

Daron someone brought me 2 fresh Bonita yesterday. A little too late.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Round 2.
Down for a two week trip that ended last week. My Boy Mike, his wife and my 1 year old grand daughter came down the second week.
Caught a few fish. Not the one I seek, but I was happy just the same. ;D
The weather was perfect the first week. No Rain, Flat seas, but the fish weren't cooperating.
Robin and I could only reel in empty hooks. Catfish or something were picking our hooks clean without being detected.
The second week, A low pressure system moved in and after the storm. Guess what?
Healthy Blacktip right off shore within 20 minutes.
My Son Mike reeled this in on his Fin Nor LT-100 in no time.
This fish was mean and left me with a Tail whip on my stomach.
I just held his head down, they thrash and try to bite and have 100 razor sharp teeth in there. I can deal with the whip. It healed in three days.
I tried to leave him close to the water, That downward slant with his head up top, he got me when we were getting the hook out because I was not letting his Head Move. He was close to 5 feet. These Sharks are responsible for most of the bites in Florida.
They are very abundant and if I would have had my Bubba Blade on me, He would have been Dinner.
I am not getting bit, and next time, I will drag him further up to get the smack down on him before he does me.
That won't happen again. I was trying for a quick release, we did it, but it took a little longer, because of the small hook that my dehooker is useless for. It was made for 20/0's. Different tactic and we got it out. My goal is a minute flat. We probably went 30 seconds over.
I know He swam off like a bat out of Hell, with a little of my stomach on his tail.
The next night, Robin ran out some chunks of Ray and I caught my first Tiger Shark.
It was caught on a Mustad 20/0 and my dehooker popped it right out of his Jaw Lickety split.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

I also caught a really Nice Bull Red. Probably about 30". No pic.
There was no camera, but It was a Beautiful Fish. Another first for me.
We had a really good time this trip. Little Lily wanted in on the action. ;)
I love that last picture. Hey! Where are you going wit my baby! :D
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

My Boy Dustin doesn't care about the fishing. He is there for one reason. Shells! 24-7
I really love that last shot.
It is my Screensaver. ;)
Life is Good!

Swami805

Some well deserved R&R, Time with the family and mixed in some fish. Great trip.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Shark Hunter

I am really Proud of My Son Mike. He is a good Father and Husband.
Some of my Best work right there. ;)
Yea, I also wear a lot of Sunscreen too.
I'll be back in 3 months.
Robin made a Video on his Go Pro, Kayaking a bait out at night.
Post it up when you get time Robin.
That will give them an Idea just how fearless you are.
Until next time,
Shark Hunter out!
Life is Good!

Bill B

Cool beans brother....great looking family and good looking fish....this is a trip to be proud of.....thank you for bringing us along....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shark Hunter

It truly was Bill.
We had some mighty fine eats too.
I spared no expense on this trip.
Fine food, Family and fishing.
I wish I could have caught a picture of that Redfish. He was lean and mean.
It screamed the drag on My Battle 2 8000. I thought for sure it was a shark.
They call them Bull Reds for a reason. He was a freight train.
I need to start being more aware of the weather conditions and not the surf report.
New tactics and gear are coming into play.
There is a definite correlation to the Barometric Pressure when fishing from the beach.
They sense it, and I need to be there when they do.
My time will come.
Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

Thanks for the ride Daron, it looked like a great trip :)

ChileRelleno

Congrats on the Tiger and Red.  8)
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

thorhammer

conchydong

Looks like a great time with the family. The successful fishing is just the icing on the cake.

Scott

Aiala

So glad you enjoyed your vacation... well-deserved! And, speaking as someone who first learned to surfcast some fifty-five years ago (with a Mitchell 306) I'm delighted that you've gotten into it... great angling adventures await!  ;)

Say, is that a fishing pier in the background of your photo with Mrs. Shark? It looks immense... have you ever tried it?  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D