Birds Nest Soup

Started by Bryan Young, July 26, 2011, 06:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Without the soup   :(

Well, went out with the family to cast some rods.  Literally, just casting.  Got my son a new spin caster (CARS), while my daughter was fishing with her spin caster (Barbie compliments of Alan).  My daughter is definitely a caster.  My son...well, he wanted to play instead of casting, so my wife took the rod and practiced.  She was switching between the spin caster and my Abu 6500C.  Well, a warning to the wise...be careful when switching between both types of reels... :o :o :o :o :o
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

you know, we could try to straighten all of that out........  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Norcal Pescador

Hmmmmmmm. One of those hair straightening irons? ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

winston61

well, after I got through pulling out some hair, I'd get the snips and remove as much of the mess as I could. Then hold thorough casting lessons. ;D

Bryan Young

I spent an hour and a half trying to sort it out.  Got out maybe 10 yards.  The rest. well, I started chopping and lost 1/4 of the spool.  I still have plenty line left (20# spectra).  But I will top-shot it with 15# mono so my wife can continue casting.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Roger

Good luck with that, a good sharp knife and a roll of tape (to cover your mouth) if you have kids around.....hehehe
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Keta

Next time you do this put some tape on your spool a bit further than you are casting and it stops the backlash from hell.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Nah, I'm just glad that she wanted to go casting.  When we were at one of the fishing shows (I think it was Fred Hall), she was outcasting me in the ponds and won all sorts of prizes.  Me?  I'm a surf caster.  Distance is my game, but accuracy is hers.  It's all good 'cause a family that surfs (and fishes) together, stays together.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

NachoOne

Are you saying that is not normal??