Calcutta 400s

Started by Scattergun2570, April 21, 2018, 03:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

So,,I was cleaning the drag stack,and realized that one of these hard washers was cracked...what can be done in this case? I've never had to try to get a part from Shimano..do you think these are available,,or can they be swapped for carbon? What happens if I install it cracked? Does it work,or damage anything? Thoughts ?

MarkT

Throw that Craptanium stuff away and put some Carbontex in there instead with some Cal's drag grease on them.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

exp2000

Scattergun2570

Quote from: exp2000 on April 21, 2018, 04:28:40 AM
http://www.smoothdrag.com/price.html
~

Yes was just there,,$9..,by the way,,I ran into a tutorial that Alan did on another site. He was using HT100 drag washers and he said because they are thicker than the Dartaniums,you have to bend the eared washer so it catches the main gear..Will I have to do this with the Carbon from Smoothdrag?

exp2000

Quote from: Scattergun2570 on April 21, 2018, 04:57:48 AM
I ran into a tutorial that Alan did on another site. He was using HT100 drag washers and he said because they are thicker than the Dartaniums,you have to bend the eared washer so it catches the main gear..Will I have to do this with the Carbon from Smoothdrag?

I have done heaps of 400 reels but only one "S model" from memory.

I think the only difference is no level-wind so should just be a straight swap after applying some dag grease.
~

Scattergun2570

Quote from: exp2000 on April 21, 2018, 05:29:57 AM
I ran into a tutorial that Alan did on another site. He was using HT100 drag washers and he said because they are thicker than the Dartaniums,you have to bend the eared washer so it catches the main gear..Will I have to do this with the Carbon from Smoothdrag?

I have done heaps of 400 reels but only one "S model" from memory.

I think the only difference is no level-wind so should just be a straight swap after applying some dag grease.
~
Ok,we will see..I wonder if Dawn is open on Saturday.

Keta

Dartanium I was never a good drag material, "craptanium" is a good name for it.  Replace them with carbon fiber, either Smooth Drag Carbontex or Shimano Dartanium II.

Yes was just there,,$9..,by the way,,I ran into a tutorial that Alan did on another site. He was using HT100 drag washers and he said because they are thicker than the Dartaniums,you have to bend the eared washer so it catches the main gear..Will I have to do this with the Carbon from Smoothdrag?

I have never had to with Carbontex CF washers.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Scattergun2570

Quote from: Keta on April 21, 2018, 12:29:29 PM
Dartanium I was never a good drag material, "craptanium" is a good name for it.  Replace them with carbon fiber, either Smooth Drag Carbontex or Shimano Dartanium II.

I have never had to with Carbontex CF washers.

Ok that's good,I don't want to bend anything...thanks