Shimano Calcutta TE400

Started by Haifisch, April 22, 2018, 11:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haifisch

I have a reel that the star drag corroded between the nut and star until it forced them apart.  The part (BNT2682) is, of course, obsolete.  Does anyone know if there is a substitute star drag that will work on this reel?

exp2000

Well you sure had me worried there for a while mate but as it turns out there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Shimano Australia still has limited stock so let me know if you want one and we can sort something out.

BUT:

I did a quick check on a CT200B I currently have in and it seems to be physically identical.

I would have checked the 400 but I am currently out of stock.

I suspect all that generation Calcuttas prolly have the same star - just different part numbers for the same beast.

BNT3357 is readily available.

Regards,
Brett.

Haifisch

Looks like I might have found one, waiting on a confirmation email now. If this flops, I'll have to try your method I guess...

Haifisch

Found one at Southwest parts.  Website listed two in stock, so I got the next to last one??!! in US maybe... :o
Hoping when it gets here it is the right one.

exp2000

Well done. Southwestern Parts seems like a big operation despite their spartan website.

And speaking of massive operations, a lot of my clients own these reels and since parts are being discontinued, I am about to place an order with Shimano Oz for seventy core parts for the TE series to last into the foreseeable future.

Can't wait to get the bill for that lot  :o
~

Haifisch

I have quit stocking parts as the repair rate has really declined here with the curtailing and shortening of seasons  :-\