Has Anybody Seen This Reel

Started by Roger, July 31, 2011, 10:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

or heard anything about it. I go to Penn's site quite often and this is the first I've seen of it. Can't find anybody selling them or any info.

http://www.pennreels.com/

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Hey Roger, I think Cabela's has them.   Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Roger

Just went to Cabelas site and couldn't find it. They show the Fathom with the line guide but this is the new Fathom without the line guide. Penn's calling it the Fathom Star Drag.
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Roger

Should a googled it to start with, they're not gonna be out till October. With Penn though it maybe a year from October.

Roger

Norcal Pescador

Nice reel! I'm guessing the price ought to be about an arm, a leg, and the first-born son. ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

CapeFish

I think they are going to be priced in the class of the Saltist and Torium. Much cheaper than it's machined frame brother the Torque.

ReelSpeed

Yep, this is the competition to the Saltist.  They took the levelwind off the fathom and made a nice lightweight reel.  I believe it is cast aluminum or graphite frame with a pretty decent size drag stack.  I think it is priced in the $180 area.  We'll wait to see what the insides look like.  :-\

Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

alantani

hopefully they will make reels with narrow or boxed out spools.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

NachoOne

I did! It is a really nice reel. I think it will a good seller, when they start selling them.

Keta

Quote from: alantani on August 07, 2011, 07:33:18 PM
hopefully they will make reels with narrow or boxed out spools.

They make a 25N that should be close.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.