repair of jig master spool

Started by Alan J, August 10, 2011, 12:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan J

the clicker gear on a non aluminum jig master 500 spool is loose and comes right off. How cam I repair?

Alto Mare

Hello Alan J, you might be tempted to use some type of  epoxy.... don't spent your money, eventually it will fail. You could try taking the spool to a good welder and let him spot weld it, but ask how much it would cost first. Your best bet is to find one on ebay, I always see them for sale, and you have the option to buy it new or used at a reasonable price. Hope this helps.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

i'd probably wander over to the nearest welding shop with the spool and a 6-pack and offer up a trade.  i'd never refuse a beer!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

You could try braze it.  All you need is an propane torch and a brazing kit from Ace Hardware or where ever sells http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/productDetails.aspx?SKU=24646.  I also use this to make my jump rings for ringed hooks and lures.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D