Abu Garcia 6500 Broken Reelfoot Repair-Prevention Procedures

Started by Snagged2, August 18, 2011, 03:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snagged2

Howdy,
I've written some information regarding the subject in the title.. It's a bit lengthy, with pictures,, so If you have any interest,, it's at this link...

http://whiskerfishtackle.com/Tutorials.html

It covers the problem, and the succession of repairs..
Thanks,
Greg

redsetta

Great stuff, Greg - love the footplate press.
Thanks for the link.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

thanks for posting this.  looks like you have a great website!!!!!!  any links that you want to post here are fine.  if you want to duplicate the posts here, you can do that as well.  just glad to have you aboard.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Very nice Greg, not bad for not being a machinist. Nice to have you with us, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Roger

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Snagged2

Hey Fellas,,
Thanks for the comments and visiting my site!!

I'll tell you,, from my point of view,, it's a lot easier to fix reels than build tutorials,, !!! LOL
My hats off to those that do them regularly!! I think my web guy wanted to fire ME after this one..

I'll try and get a few pictures of the custom rods I build posted here soon..
Thanks again..
Greg

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ken_D