Upgrading z30 z40 drag with Penn Ht 100

Started by shineshy, August 19, 2011, 02:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shineshy

hi,

May I ask, can HT100 be added to both of the reels ? understand ht100 is thicker n the size has to be somehow trim in order to fit in. My other concern is whether the shaft can take it or not.

Thanks

alantani

they may have to be trimmed to fit, but there are many sizes.  i'm certain that you can find a penn drag that can fit.  carbontex might be a better choice.  many are thinner than the penn drag washer.  check with dawn at smoothdrag.com or here on this website on the smoothdrag board.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

shineshy

ic. is there anyway to increase the drag for z30 ? any advise ?

alantani

install a set of greased carbon fiber drag washers and pull on the reel, then decide if you need more drag.......

shineshy

u mean Carbontex drag to replace the carbon drag n just lightly coat with daiwa drag gease will do ?

alantani

if the reel has carbon fiber drag washers already, stick with those.  otherwise, replace them with penn or carbontex drag washers.  then apply a light coat of cal's grease.  don't use any of the blue greases. 

shineshy

is there a diff btw cal gease n Daiwa Performance Grease  ? btw thanks for being patience with me.

broadway

You can use the daiwa grease on all except the drag washers... stick with Cal's for them...keep it up!
Dom