Got My MoJo back on the Mirage this weekend.

Started by Big Tim, September 04, 2018, 04:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Fished an overnighter this weekend on the Mirage out of the Channel Islands. Very slow start & no gamefish at all on the outer Island of Santa Rosa. I did manage to stick one flatty  ;D And then we heated up with some quality rockfish and limits of 10 for all as well as limits of 10 for all on Ocean Whitefish from 2 to 10# ... I had a double of 5 to 6 pounders on my med. light  jig stick that was a ton of fun.

Tim

Swami805

Nice, fun day on the rockfish. I'm on the back deck of the island tak looking at the mirage waiting to go tonight. Should be good. Those sand dabs are pretty good sautéed in butter
Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

nice fishing Tim,

Im not particular trilled by those red rockfish but I do love pasific whitefish

whitefish is pure gold in sashimi or ceviche
The Baja Guy

Dominick

Hey Bit Tim did you win a prize with that fish in your photo?   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Fishy247

QuoteHey Bit Tim did you win a prize with that fish in your photo?   Roll Eyes  Dominick

I think he's looking to recapture the Golden Carp.... ;)

Dominick

That's it.  I couldn't remember the name.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

conchydong

Sounds like a good day. I caught a few of those Whitefish on a Long range trip before and they are very similar to our Blue line (Gray) Tile fish on the East coast.  I never had a chance to eat them as I gave them to my nephew who lives in Chula Vista. This is our Blueline Tile.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Tim, I think that you are going to need a bigger freezer catching those 20 fish limits!  Glad to see that you picked a good trip.

Benni3

swill88

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on September 05, 2018, 12:38:58 AM
Tim, I think that you are going to need a bigger freezer catching those 20 fish limits!  Glad to see that you picked a good trip.

20 fish limits?  Wha?

Nice fishing guys.

Steve