Penn 10/0 main gear

Started by tbucketford429460, August 26, 2011, 05:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbucketford429460

I just opened up the penn 10/0 that I got a few months ago to go thru it and found a few problems  :( the first is the drag washer. The washer are old fiber type on the bottom and the others are some white type of platic material  ???, it seems as if someone did a quick rebuild but couldnt get all the drag washers out. second the main gear on the inside is rusted, I have it soaking right know,  do to not being able to get the last fiberwasher out of  the main gear. I plan on changeing the drag washers to ht100. Do I need to replace the main gear or can i just clean it up the geat\r teeth look fine ist just the inside has rust.

thanks
wade

Alto Mare

Hello Wade, I was waiting for someone else to answer you, but looks like they're probably fishing ;D. About the main gear, you should be OK to reuse it, just make sure that you clean it and slap some grease on it. If it doesn't feel right after reassembly, we'll take it from there. Here are the parts that you will need : (7) 6-116 HT-100  + 1 of the same for under the main gear, you will also need to replace the metal drags, you will need 7c-116, this kit comes with (3) eared washers and (4) keyed washers. Coat the drags lightly with some Cal's grease and  you should be fine. You can get the parts from mysticparts.com or you can check with Dawn, but I don't believe that she carries the metal kit. Take care, Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

try just the drag washers first.  hold off on replacing the gears.  let's see how they work with the new drags first.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!