Introduction

Started by ReelDragJam, September 30, 2018, 09:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelDragJam

Hello guys and gals. My name is Jamie. I am a long time lurker and decided it was time to join. Everytime I search a repair or modification question I end up here. I love this forum and have learned so much. I hope to start contributing to this site for as much was I have already taken away. Thank you.
Not all fisherman are liars, just some of us forget to bring our camera.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Jamie!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Welcome to the sandbox! Asl questions, obey the 12 year old rule and have a good time.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Midway Tommy

Welcome Jamie.

Fill us in on your likes and preferences when you get time.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

ReelDragJam

Well, I am 38 years young from West Palm Beach, Florida so I grew up saltwater fishing. If I wasn't in the surf, I was on a pier, lol. I love stand up and "combat" fishing. I am that guy who would rather be harnessed to a rod with 30-50lbs of drag attached to a 400lb fish than fighting from the chair. There's just something about it, it's so raw, being beat down by a fish, lol. I am now in Tennessee but still make about 6 trips a year back down to fish and mostly do land based shark fishing and surf fishing. I love nostalgic gear, which is rare for my age, mostly old Penn and Shimano but respect the modern stuff as well. I collect, rebuild and sell vintage fishing reels which is hard because I want to keep my builds when done, lol. I fish at least once a week with my children who love the sport just as much as I do. In last year and a half I started turning my standard rebuilds into modified rebuilds which is what started bringing me to the name Alan Tani, a lot! No matter what I was researching, Alan's name came up. I started searching topics and putting his name in with the search just to find his articles. Legend! I want to give back to the fishing community that has given so much to me. Fishing is my way of life, not just a hobby. Sorry to ramble, but excited to be here and hope I can contribute.
Not all fisherman are liars, just some of us forget to bring our camera.

xjchad

Quote from: ReelDragJam on October 01, 2018, 12:49:15 AM
Well, I am 38 years young from West Palm Beach, Florida so I grew up saltwater fishing. If I wasn't in the surf, I was on a pier, lol. I love stand up and "combat" fishing. I am that guy who would rather be harnessed to a rod with 30-50lbs of drag attached to a 400lb fish than fighting from the chair. There's just something about it, it's so raw, being beat down by a fish, lol. I am now in Tennessee but still make about 6 trips a year back down to fish and mostly do land based shark fishing and surf fishing. I love nostalgic gear, which is rare for my age, mostly old Penn and Shimano but respect the modern stuff as well. I collect, rebuild and sell vintage fishing reels which is hard because I want to keep my builds when done, lol. I fish at least once a week with my children who love the sport just as much as I do. In last year and a half I started turning my standard rebuilds into modified rebuilds which is what started bringing me to the name Alan Tani, a lot! No matter what I was researching, Alan's name came up. I started searching topics and putting his name in with the search just to find his articles. Legend! I want to give back to the fishing community that has given so much to me. Fishing is my way of life, not just a hobby. Sorry to ramble, but excited to be here and hope I can contribute.

Welcome Jamie!
You sound like my brother from another mother  ;D
I'm a west coast land based big game fisherman that loves the modding and fishing vintage tackle as well. I also love fishing with my kids regularly and seeing them love the sport also.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Dominick

Welcome, from San Mateo California.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

Welcome Jaime from beautiful Lodi CA.

Steve

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Benni3

Welcome from salem va  ;D

happyhooker

Glad you're with us.

From Minnesota,

Frank

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel 224

Welcome to the site.......................Joe From NJ
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."