Penn Senator 10/0 dry as a bone

Started by Alto Mare, August 28, 2011, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I was servicing this Penn Senator 10/0 and was amazed on how much rust I found in it. This is a good example on why Alan recommends greasing all inner parts, this reel was dry. I was able to clean all parts and bring it back to life, I only needed to replace the jack and yoke.

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

looks like it was half submerged in water for a week...... :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Yeah, I came up with the same conclusion. I couldn't get the story from the owner, looks like he had it on the floor on his boat and never bothered with it. Believe it or not, it came out as good as new when I cleaned it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

I believe it came out as good as it possibly could... you swallowed the book on this stuff!
Keep it up with those Senators,
Dom

Harry

Could of been on the bottom of a rusty sinking boat!  poor  10/0 :'(

Alto Mare

It wasn't as bad as it looked, Harry. That 10/0 came out as good as new when I got done with it, all it needed was a couple dollars worth of  parts.