Good Tackle shops in SF

Started by Ellis Feibush, August 29, 2011, 04:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellis Feibush

Will be visiting San Francisco in August. Anyone out there know of any good fishing tackle stores in either San Francisco or the San Francisco area with a large variety of quality salt water fishing reels and also fishing rods? Any suggestions much appreciated. You can't tell from the internet which ones are really worth visiting.  Again, thanks for your responses.

efeibush

alantani

you mean september, right?  well, whenever your trip is, one of the best tackle shops is my garage!  and one of the best boats is sitting next to the driveway.  let me know what your intinerary is and let's get something planned out for you.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ReelSpeed

I guess it is official now.. Alan Tani Tackle and Tours is open for business!!!  ;D ;D ;D  When can I come up?
Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

alantani

Bryan Young

Alan Tani Tackle and Tours - I can attest to that

Tackle - Accurates, Daiwas, Shimanos, Okumas, Cal Star Rods, Phoenix Rods,, JB, Blackwater, Ultracast,...

Tours - Great captain and host on and off his vessel.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Hi's Tackle, South San Francisco.  You can visit them online also.  http://www.histackleboxshop.com/ Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Don't do it Alan, you would put everybody out of business ;D. Do keep the tour open though, I can't wait to get on that boat.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keith K

Quote from: Pescachaser on August 29, 2011, 08:22:40 PM
Hi's Tackle, South San Francisco.  You can visit them online also.  http://www.histackleboxshop.com/ Dominick

Hi's Tackle is great in South San Francisco, and if you find yourself in the East Bay check out George at Bay Tackle in El Cerrito.

http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/pages/baytackle/bay_tackle.shtml

alantani

from north to south, outdoor pro shops in rohnert park, western sports in san rafael, bay tackle in el cerrito, another outdoor pro shops in oakland, hi's tackle in south san francisco, mel cotton's in south san jose, and ly's tackle in east san jose, and the fisherman's warehouse in west san jose (1 mile east of me!).  

Ellis Feibush

Sorry, Alan. I did mean September. Plan to go to the Reno National Barbecue Festival. Also plan to go to Monterrey Jazz Festival. My son has been working in San Francisco for several years as a financial analyst with a large Renewable Energy company and is taking his vacation for the next three weeks. He also bought tickets at ground level to see the Champion SF Giants. Real exciting stuff! He has two motorcycles so we plan to ride the Pacific Coast Highway, perhaps all the way down to San Diego. Hoping to do some Tuna fishing on the Excel. We fished on this boat on several of Dennis Braid's extended trips. Real exciting trips. I'm not sure how to get to your house but I could E-mail you when I get there and we could work something out.
But, however I only wanted to buy good, well maintained reels. None of this East Coast old, dried out stuff! They have to have gone through the Alan Tani Angelic lubrication program! Just kidding!
Did you hear the one about Ernest Hemingway wanting to fish with God when he got to heaven? Well, when he got there, he sees this guy in a great white cape fishing on this gorgeous boat attached to a 1500 Lb. Blue Fin Tuna. When he asked who's that they said "oh, that's just God warming up for some great fishing guy who's supposed to be coming up here." Hemingway says "listen, could you just send me back to Earth...!

Ellis Feibush

Thanks all for your tackle shop suggestions. I made note of them and will somehow fit them in between all the activities my son has planned. He also says I should go to the SF Zoo. We once went to the San Diego zoo and I don't think I have ever been to more fantastic zoo. Thanks all for your suggestions.

Ellis Feibush

Am also looking for Progear Albacore special reel or similar Progear reel. Although I might have an easier time trying to find one of these well made reels on Ebay.
Alan, your website has all of a sudden become very slow. Not sure why.

Bryan Young

What size of PG Albacore special reels are you looking for?  Although I do not have any PG Albacore reels, I do have a new YT special (PG454), new 2 wahoo specials (PG461), new 2 PG440s, one used PG441.  I have a few others as well.  I had a plan...well, that plan is not working out and would be willing to sell. 

I'll be out of town for 2 weeks in October, so if you are interested in seeing any of these reels, let me know and I could leave them with Alan.  It's a good excuse to visit and see his high tech workshop.

Quote from: Ellis Feibush on August 30, 2011, 04:55:34 AM
Am also looking for Progear Albacore special reel or similar Progear reel. Although I might have an easier time trying to find one of these well made reels on Ebay.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

Quote from: Ellis Feibush on August 30, 2011, 04:55:34 AM

likely spammers and the traffic they create.....  that's why i have to work hard to keep them at bay.  we are getting 100-200 bogus log on attempts a day.  obviously, their dad's never took them fishing when they were kids.....   :-\