Beach fighting chair for Shark fishing

Started by mikeysm, October 14, 2018, 09:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

I am looking for ideas for a beach fighiing chair for Shark fishing. I was looking for pictures but found nothing worth using.

Mike

xjchad

On the beach,I'd want to be more mobile than being confined to a chair. A chair on a boat is one thing, you can still chase the fish and maneuver the boat.  On the beach, I'd still want to be able to move.
Plus, I think a chair would take a lot of the fun out of it, for me anyway.  Just my useless 2ยข.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

1badf350

I was typing the same response Chad wrote. There is a reason you found nothing in your search.  ;D
You want to stay in front of your fish as it moves up and down the beach.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

CooldadE

I saw a pic of a fighting chair mounted to the hitch receiver of a truck. You could strap in then put truck in reverse and follow the fish up and down the beach...

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

mikeysm

You cant haul my 20/0 down the beach its to heavy. 

Mike

nelz

Can't imagine what it would take to keep it from sliding on the sand when a big one's on the line!

RowdyW

You might just have to get the anchor off the boat.  ;D ;D

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
" Life " It`s a thinking man`s game
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Tightlines667

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wise-Swiveling-Fighting-Chair-with-Portable-Removable-Stand-and-Rod-Gimbal-Whi-/362426263029

Or buy a gimbal and make your own. 

Part of the problem is the chair is not heavy enough or fixed in place to allow for too much drag pressure, especially on a longer rod.  You might be limited to about 25lbs of drag and still manage from the chair.  It might work better when fishing from a pier or hard surface.  Mounting a gimbal to a bench style seat affixed to a beach cart loaded with your gear might help to weigh the chair down a bit while still remaining a bit mobil.  Just spitballing ideas. 

Good standup gear is probably a better option from the beach.

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Swami805

A mini excavator with the cab and bucket arm removed, mount a gimal to the seat area. Put a hitch on it to tow your yak,cooler ect. A few rocket launchers for some rods, a big light bar and some spot lights for night fishing. We have a few,no trick cruising in sand,rocks,mud.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

day0ne

I have seen regular fighting chairs mounted on a small trailer for beach fishing.
Also:

http://bluemako.customer.netspace.net.au/Land%20Based%20game%20chair.htm
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

mikeysm

Thats what I am looking for. It looks like a slead with a ice chest on top.

Mike

Decker

I've seen trucks at Hatteras Cape Point with fighting chairs either bolted to the pickup bed or mounted on a platform on the front of the truck.  Haven't seen one used yet. 

mikeysm

You cant take trucks on most California beaches.

Mike