penn senator left side bearing assembly (or housing)

Started by trishul, September 01, 2011, 07:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trishul

hello every one i have been reading some posts on the internet where people have problems removing the bearing in the bearing assembly of the senators (113.114 etc), just wanted to share my views on this, ok im no expert on reel repairs and all but i have been playing with my senators alot and i found out to remove the metal ring that keeps the bearing coming out of the assembly is not that hard at all nor dose it need any fancy tools just need to make sure its not rusted if its rused i suggest to use something to loosen it up i just used some alcohol and some boiling water, what i used to remove that metal ring was a wide nose pliers to hold the assembly firmly then i use a minus screwdriver of the adequate size to pop the ring out by putting it in the middle but if you do this pls be carful so no bearings inside are damaged, it was very easy so in future mentaining that bearing will not be a problem and i also decided not to return that ring as it dosent seem to serve any purpose however i keep it aside incase i may need it in future hope this helps all those who own the senator and wish to grease or lubricate the bearing in the bearing assembly.
Thanks
Trishul

alantani

very nice, thank you.  hey, did you ever find out what the pipe thread dimensions were for the grease guns that you have locally?  i have still not sent out the bearing packers.  been waiting on that one.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

trishul

hi alan actually i have not been able to get the thread dimensions available in uk im going around end of the month to visit so i will check it out myself and get back to you thanks

trishul

hey alan u knw come to think about it i just have 4 tld and 4 senators that i use for rolling and 4 saltiga spinners for jigging so im going to for go the bearing packer for now and will stick to the injection i use also i am not sure yet if the bearing packers can be used on shilded bearings while shield is not open, but as i increase my collection of reels i will definately look at the bearing packer again its not for me at the momment
thanks