Ranking bearing lubricants?

Started by GulfOfBothnia, September 04, 2011, 11:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GulfOfBothnia

This day will start a new era in fishing reel maintenance history in Finland.
The generations to come will propably remember this day like the days of Mikael Agricola who became the de facto founder of written Finnish.

I have 8 oz bottle of TSI301 on my table.
;D

Nessie Hunter

;D               ;D                 ;D

Congratulations.............. !!!!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

JGB

Congrats!!!

Keep it sealed up tight so it does not evaporate on you.

Jim N.

wallacewt

they posted to finland but wont post to australia,strange.i spoke with MARY somebody

redsetta

I've tried all across NZ, but am yet to locate a distributor.
Will be watching your progress, Wallace - hope you have some success as I'll no doubt be 'coat-tailing' on it...  ;D
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

GulfOfBothnia

Quote from: wallacewt on September 22, 2011, 03:08:29 AM
they posted to finland but wont post to australia,strange.i spoke with MARY somebody

It is strange I have to admit.

In my case I did not ask if they will ship or not. I just ordered because it was possible. International orders are mentioned here:
http://www.pilkguns.com/order.shtml
So I had no reason to question whether they ship or not.

Can't you just place an order in the web and see what happens?

wallacewt

GulfOfBothnia

Have you any suggestions on putting ts1301 into a smaller container for easier dosing?

I put some into a plastic needle point oiler pen and now it looks like melted.  >:(

Nessie Hunter

I put mine in an OUST Met-Ol small 1 oz bottle with the metal syringe type  spout....
Maybe 8 or 9 months, works great & no melting plastic....
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Alto Mare

I also have mine in a 1oz plastic bottle with a ss needle, I've been using it for over 6 months and it has not affected the bottle yet.
I think I found it at eBay for a couple of bucks.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Comedie

Quote from: GulfOfBothnia on October 08, 2011, 03:30:29 PM
Have you any suggestions on putting ts1301 into a smaller container for easier dosing?

I put some into a plastic needle point oiler pen and now it looks like melted.  >:(
Yep, had the same thing happen to me with TSI310. After several days the plastic barrel on a pin oiler melted. Had it in a plastic bag in my toolkit, and the bag wasn't eaten by the TSI310.
Switched to TSI321, which is plastic-safe, and a new pin oiler seems unfazed. Given the occasional plastics I see in some of my reels, I figure the TSI321 is a safer alternative to put in them too.

Keta

Quote from: wallacewt on September 22, 2011, 03:08:29 AM

Were you trying to get the aerosol cans?  Aerosol cans can't be shipped air freight.  I had the same problems when I lived in Alaska, ammunition, powder and primers were hard to get shipped too.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain