Question for Alan

Started by xaf, September 04, 2011, 04:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xaf

Alan, In your Sealine 400/450 tuitorial you doubled up on the Penn 4/0 Ht-100 washers when replacing the original fiber drags.  I found that if I replace the fiber drags with ht-100's and add 1 additional metal drag washer and 1 additional ht-100 washer that I come out with the exact same drag stack height as the original.  Is there any reason that this should not work vs. doubling up the washers as you did?

alantani

that's fine, but you would still have a drag stack that is functioning like a "1+3" system.  it does not matter as long as maintain a functional "1+3" or "1+5" system.  there is no such think as a functional "1+4" system.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

xaf

Alan, could you explain a little further.  I'm not certain I understand what you mean when you say it would still be functioning like a 1+3 vs. a 1+5 system. 

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

xaf

Thanks for the info, The Daiwa 400 that I have actually has three different thickness metal washers.  I have a couple washers from another 400 and a bunch of Penn metal washers so I think I'll play around and see if I can get a stack of 5 to fit.