My Favorite Fishing Buddy Has Flown the Coop!

Started by Alto Mare, September 05, 2011, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Well, it may be a "Rite of Passage" but that doesn't mean that it feels right! Just dropped my daughter (the best fishing partner that I had) off to college, in Boston! That's over 350 miles away for us. Sad time at Sal's house but I am thrilled for my daughter! Dom, by-passing NY via the Tappan Zee, made the trip a lot more palatable. Nice area up there, too! I was tempted to drag out my fishing gear a couple of times! Anyway, once my daughter gets settled, I am sure that we will hit the water! I hear that there is good fishing up there. Alan, don't forget to bring along some tissues next year!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Steve-O

Way to go, Sal!  We've got a girl at Northeastern in Boston. Jessie is currently doing her summer internship at BOA/Merrill Lynch in NYC on Wall St but will head back to Boston in Dec. I still have a couple fishing partners at home though so it's not as sad as your celebration.

cheers, Steve

Alto Mare

Thanks Steve! Way to go to you as well. Boston is a beautiful town with lots of great restaurants (as you know, with us Italians, it's all about the food!).  Looks like your daughter here really took after her Dad in the fishing department! I may have lost my fishing buddy, but I still have my crabbing buddy home for 5 more years. Take care, Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Hey Pal,

It ain't gonna be easy bro, but maybe on some of your trips up north you can stop down for some wirelining and eeling... that might soften the blow a wee-bit.  Best of luck to your daughter in college, and your son looks like the coolest crabber I ever saw in the Chesapeake!
Take it easy,
Dom

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Sal, Alan, Stev-o:  All I have to say is that it is a good thing you all have good looking wives ;D.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Must be tough, lads.
I've got a few years yet, but I'm enjoying my time with the kids as much as possible now - won't last forever!

They're trying to smile, but it was a lot colder and windier than it looks - they weren't complaining though!
Great to see you all out there with your kids.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

gunston

My daughter has moved from the Gold Coast Australia to Melbourne to make her way in the big world.
Enjoy your kids while you can.

Chris

Alto Mare

Beautiful pictures guys. Justin, enjoy the kids as much as you can, they will be there in no time.

broadway

Sal,

I just realized your daughter has my biggest nemesis on her line in that shot... I HATE DOGFISH!!!!!
DOm

Alto Mare

Me too Dom, but to my daughter that's a beautiful fish, go figure :-\.
At the OC reef they really give you a work out, some get over 3 feet there.

broadway

I hear that, Sal... Everyone I take on the boat would rather catch a Dogfish than a striper... it KILLS me!!! I should let them take 'em off the hook to see how much they wanna catch 'em. Last fall they were so aggressive with my eels that I was catching them on the eel... not the hook!  I would actually pull them out of the water... they still didn't let go! A little trick that works for me is, If you tap on there snout they let go pretty quickly.
Dom

Alto Mare

Good tip Dom, I'll give it a try next time. An older fisherman showed me how to remove the hook from a skate once, he placed it upside down on the rail and punched it in the stomach, that skate opened its mouth wide and kept it open. I asked him if he killed it, he said that it was temporarily paralyzed and that it would come back, I wasn't soo sure about that one:-\