Remember when you never thought about your line slipping.

Started by gstours, November 22, 2018, 01:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

A few years ago life was simple.  🚣‍♀️Your reels had a peg standing up from the spool, n another way shown below is a no brainer.   Butt now we have a lot of folks with the eventual question of the line slipping on the spool.    It seems that manufacturers could knurle the spool. Or use an old proven method to help the novice and or expert in preventing a problem..🤷‍♀️
   Just saying.

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Keta

I tie on 20'-50' of hollow Dacron on the spool then splice on the Spectra, the Dacron does not slip.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tiddlerbasher

If you follow Jerry Brown's advice on tying the braid to the spool it does not slip. Multiple turns (I use 6 or 7) around the arbor then an arbor knot (or your personal favourite). I keep the knot to one side of the spool and leave a long tag across the spool.

handi2

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on November 22, 2018, 12:00:54 PM
If you follow Jerry Brown's advice on tying the braid to the spool it does not slip. Multiple turns (I use 6 or 7) around the arbor then an arbor knot (or your personal favourite). I keep the knot to one side of the spool and leave a long tag across the spool.

Excatly
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Rivverrat

Quote from: handi2 on November 22, 2018, 08:09:02 PM
Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on November 22, 2018, 12:00:54 PM

Excatly

I agree.
Using this method Ive been unable to get any braid to slip. As long as it spooled on close to the same level it will be fished.

No need for any backing of any kind. But still people do all manner of things in order to stop braid from spinjing on tge spool... Jeff
it will be fished