Darin's 112 rebuild

Started by Reel 224, November 26, 2018, 06:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

So far I have taken down Darin's 112 90% Here is some pictures of the results I've found.

1. The indicator gear was separated from the spool.
2. mono was behind the spool and knotted up in the clutch & Pinon
3. Pinon shows some wear in the slot that engages with the spool

Clutch system springs should be replaced along with 11-60 & 12-60
Eccentric is shot, it should be replaced 22-99

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

following are some more pictures of Darin's 112

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

RowdyW

Joe, It looks like 1 keyed washer is missing too.       Rudy

Reel 224

Quote from: RowdyW on November 26, 2018, 06:24:35 PM
Joe, It looks like 1 keyed washer is missing too.       Rudy

Rudy: Those drag washers are close to 1/8" thick and filled the gear recess to the top. But I suppose a keyed washer could be missing. That isn't a problem because Bri Bri sent a five stack along with a new spool. Thank you for helping, it's a good thing.........................Joe

Maxed Out

It looks like one end of the tongue on the seat is badly bent also

Getr dun Joseph !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Darin Crofton

FYI everybody, I did not do this to the reel, I bought it for $12 plus $7 shipping, I would never trash a reel like this ;D ;D ;D
Thank you, Joe, looking forward to the transformation of my new teaser reel! Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Reel 224

Darin: You told me to post ahead ;) ;D There is no-one pointing fingers. We will make it right and nice for you....................Joe

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Reel 224 on November 27, 2018, 02:53:08 AM
Darin: You told me to post ahead ;) ;D There is no-one pointing fingers. We will make it right and nice for you....................Joe
I know buddy, I was just being funny ;D
Thank you!!!

Reel 224

Darin: I am going to order small parts that I know I will need from Mystic parts.....................Joe

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Reel 224 on November 27, 2018, 05:03:40 AM
Darin: I am going to order small parts that I know I will need from Mystic parts.....................Joe
sounds great, thx!

Ron Jones

Is it just the picture, or does the wear pattern on the main gear look crooked? If the pinion wasn't square to the gear, there may be issues.
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Reel 224

Quote from: Ron Jones on November 27, 2018, 05:25:00 AM
Is it just the picture, or does the wear pattern on the main gear look crooked? If the pinion wasn't square to the gear, there may be issues.
Ron Jones

It's the picture.

Darin: That spool that Bri Bri gave you is to small must be for a narrow 112. I fixed the old spool so I'm going to go ahead with that, as soon as I get other parts in I'll move forward with the 112 in between other work that's on the table. I spent a little time on her today cleaning and figurine out what I want to do with the drag system.

Go ta go and tend to Ruth's needs. Honey do list ;) :D ::)................................Joe 

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Reel 224 on November 27, 2018, 09:24:35 PM
Ron Jones

It's the picture.

Darin: That spool that Bri Bri gave you is to small must be for a narrow 112. I fixed the old spool so I'm going to go ahead with that, as soon as I get other parts in I'll move forward with the 112 in between other work that's on the table. I spent a little time on her today cleaning and figurine out what I want to do with the drag system.

Go ta go and tend to Ruth's needs. Honey do list ;) :D ::)................................Joe 
Hi Joe, I wonder what it would take to make the reel narrow using that spool Bryan sent? What is the part # on the spool? Thanks! Darin

thorhammer

narrow 112 is a 111 2/0. 65 Long Beach spool fits here too. My first frankenpen was widening a 65 with a spare 112 spool and jiggy base / bars.

Reel 224

Quote from: Darin Crofton on November 27, 2018, 09:39:38 PM
Quote from: Reel 224 on November 27, 2018, 09:24:35 PM
Ron Jones

It's the picture.

Hi Joe, I wonder what it would take to make the reel narrow using that spool Bryan sent? What is the part # on the spool? Thanks! Darin

Darin: I repaired the old spool and it is fine, why would you want to make it a narrow reel? If you do that then you would half to find posts or put a custom frame on it. You tell me what you have to spend.

I can spend your money easier then mine :o ;D ;)............................Joe