Soron SX60 Availability

Started by MeanMachine, September 08, 2011, 10:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanMachine

I have a Abu Garcia Soron SX60 Spinning Reel.  I would like to get another one.  I can't seem to find that particular model in various mail order catalogs & its not on the Abu-Garcia Website.  Is this model discontinued?  Any help would be appreciated.

Damian

alantani

just did a google search and got a couple of hits.  not familiar with it otherwise.....
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MeanMachine

Thanks for your help guys.  It must be a discontinued model by Abu-Garcia.  Found some on E-Bay also.

MeanMachine

After looking around on E-Bay I found lots of Soron SX60 Reels. However I noticed some drastic price differences for the exact same reel.  Has anyone noticed this?  All are said to be brand new in box but some are priced $40-$50 less.  The seller is located in Las Vegas, has no contact info listed except by e-mail and there is no shipping to Hawaii or Alaska for the reel purchase.  I wonder why this is?  I just don't want to get riPPPPPed off!!!  Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABU-GARCIA-SORON-SX60-SX-60-spinning-reel-NEW-/130525185205?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e63e844b5

Bryan Young

He has a good rating and I don't understand the shipping.  Flat rate to the 48 states is the same flat rate to Hawaii and Alaska.  Not sure.  Many companies also do not ship to hawaii even if it's flat rate.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Mooki

Found one on the Swedish branch of eBay, currently dirt cheap but I guess that'll change...  :-\
http://www.tradera.com/ABU-Garcia-Soron-SX60-auktion_250213_139549762

The size is rather large (by Swedish standards) so it might sell pretty cheap with any luck.
Something like 40 BCs, mostly ABU. Still counting upwards...

MeanMachine

Got a brand new one for $51.00 on ebay from somebody who lives in Maui.  Came yesterday, it's awesome!!!  ;D