Strange things found in reels?

Started by Christopher M Songer, December 15, 2018, 06:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher M Songer

Last night I opened up a reel and found this! What is the strangest thing you have found in a reel?
Always go forward, never go straight

Gfish

Kinda looks like onea those marine ecto-parasites you sometimes see on the outside a fish(gills or skin).
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

Looks like the good kind of cockroach, a dead one
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Christopher M Songer

Donnyboat

Christopher, have you been sleeping with your reel, interesting thanks for posting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Christopher M Songer

Not My reel. lol In for repair. Reel is in a zip lock bag for now. I know that bug is long dead but still kinda unsettling. Should I let the owner know I found it or never mention it?

sdlehr

I wouldn't mention it to the owner. Nothing good will come of that. It looks like a cockroach to me, but I can't tell the size. Bedbugs are small, less than a cm long.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Keta

So I'm assuming you got the bugs out of the reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

FatTuna

You know whats even stranger? I found that same roach creature in a Saragosa 25k a few years ago.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: sdlehr on December 15, 2018, 06:57:13 PM
I wouldn't mention it to the owner. Nothing good will come of that. It looks like a cockroach to me, but I can't tell the size. Bedbugs are small, less than a cm long.

???      I would tell him  , so he can work the bugs out ...    ::)
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

FatTuna

I also found a giant ball of hair. It was like the size of a golf ball.

RamseyReelRepair

I found a stainless steel gear... Oh wait that was supposed to be there.

West
Check out the website and gallery!
😎http://www.ramseyreelrepair.com😎