The Klamath is Filthy

Started by Keith K, September 10, 2011, 04:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith K

...with Jacks.  Went up Thursday to the Klamath with Ryan and Tiny, and met up with Tiny's nephew Neil.  Kicked it at Neil's that night, and we all lit out early to meet Albert Kutzkey http://www.kutzkeyfishing.com/index.html on the river.  Albert is an awesome guide who didn't have to pull out many of his tricks, because the fish were there and biting.  We should have ended up with limits by 10am, but dropped as many fish as we landed.  We finished our limit of fish at around 11.  Beautiful weather.  I'm sure the pigs are not far behind.

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

boy, that looks like alot of fun!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

I must be getting old.  When I first saw the subject line, I thought I was going to see a comment about pollution.  Much to my surprise, there was a really nice fish report and photos.  Whodda thunk filthy with fish.  Thanks for that.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Great stuff Keith - looks like an amazing place to fish!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Quote from: Pescachaser on September 11, 2011, 12:26:46 AM
I must be getting old.  When I first saw the subject line, I thought I was going to see a comment about pollution.  Much to my surprise, there was a really nice fish report and photos.  Whodda thunk filthy with fish.  Thanks for that.  Dominick

Yes you are getting old, but that wasn't it ;D. I thought the same thing Dominick :-\. Nice report Keith!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Steve-O

Nice report and photos!

Jacks are a good thing where I fish each fall on Prince of Wales Island. They are a harbinger of forecast for the following year of returning Cohos.  ie- the more jacks you catch the better the return next year. Only thing is .... coho jacks are usually half the size of those pictured chinook juniors. Apparently, they get their wires crossed and come back 12 mos early...at least in silver salmon they do.

Thanks for sharing. I'm getting stoked about my upcoming AK trip.

Steve-O

wallacewt

Bryan Young

I was thinking the same as Dominick 'cause I was just up there on vacation.  What?  No pics of you fishing unless you shaved or something.  Looks like a blast even for a photographer.  Thanks.  Makes me want to drive up there again just to go fishing this time.  I'm sure my daughter and son would love to catch a salmon or steely.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keith K

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 12, 2011, 08:28:41 AM
  What?  No pics of you fishing unless you shaved or something.  Looks like a blast even for a photographer. 

My wife saw my mug once...and won't let me show it to her again!  You know how it is for the photog.  Thanks for the kudos everyone!