Bravery or stupidity?

Started by sdlehr, January 18, 2019, 03:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

I heard about this on the radio on my way into work and had to check it out. Whatever these people have, bravery or stupidity, or humongous cojones, I don't got it.... This is said to possibly be the largest shark in the ocean....
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

thorhammer

I saw that.....no way, says I. I'm not being anybody's 260lb Cheezit  ;D

Swami805

You really have to wonder why someone would do that. At some point that shark will go shark. Reminds me of that guy in Alaska who was living with the brown bears.
Good to see that big gal fat and happy though. Truly a masterpiece of evolution
Do what you can with that you have where you are

1badf350

Would have been a brown cloud as soon as my "squid defense" kicked in LOL
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

foakes

Darwin Awards

An "award" given to people who contribute the most to the evolution of humanity by removing their genes from the gene pool. Sometimes given to people who simply sterilize themselves, but most of the recipiants have ended up dead because of their actions.

Basically, the concept is that people kill/injure themselves to the point where reproduction is no longer possible whilst doing something surrealistically stupid. By insuring that their stupid genes to not spread, they ultimately help humanity and thus recieve an award.

——————————————————————————————————

Good contender for this years award in the "wildlife category"...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

xjchad

Quote from: Swami805 on January 18, 2019, 03:15:04 PM
You really have to wonder why someone would do that. At some point that shark will go shark. Reminds me of that guy in Alaska who was living with the brown bears.
Good to see that big gal fat and happy though. Truly a masterpiece of evolution

Yeah, that guy was nuts.  The sad part is he got his girlfriend eaten too.

Quote from: 1badf350 on January 18, 2019, 03:26:53 PM
:D :D :D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

sdlehr

Quote from: thorhammer on January 18, 2019, 03:12:51 PM
John, have you gained that much weight since we saw each other in Philly a few years ago? You couldn't have been close to 260 then....

Chris, I laughed out loud at work reading this.
Sid Lehr

El Pescador

... I'm not being anybody's 260lb Cheezit  ;D

John!

A Cheezit?   Naah :o

Maybe a Cheetos Cheese Puff!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

oldmanjoe

Clearly the sharks were full to the point that dessert was going to be latter .   ???
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

philaroman

and I thought the guy who hand-fed sausages to a Moray was dumb
(he now has his big toe grafted onto where his thumb used to be)

steelfish

as we have a "photo of the month" thread we need a "comment of the month" one

this one needs to be the 1st haha

The Baja Guy

oc1

They towed that whale carcass out to sea the first time it washed up but now it is threatening to wash up again and they'll probably have to tow it again.  The weather has been beautiful and there is not the usual Trade Winds to carry it away.  With all the shark publicity, calm weather and a long weekend coming up it will be a terrific time for someone to do something really stupid.  It has mostly been big tigers eating the thing.
-steve

thorhammer

Quote from: sdlehr on January 18, 2019, 04:03:20 PM
John, have you gained that much weight since we saw each other in Philly a few years ago? You couldn't have been close to 260 then....

Chris, I laughed out loud at work reading this.

Sid, i was prolly 250 when I saw you. Then a ten pound shark decided it was a great idea to swim with me at dinner time  ;D ;D ;D

sdlehr

Quote from: thorhammer on January 19, 2019, 10:53:13 AM
Sid, i was prolly 250 when I saw you. Then a ten pound shark decided it was a great idea to swim with me at dinner time  ;D ;D ;D
:o :o :o
Sid Lehr

Alto Mare

Quote from: sdlehr on January 19, 2019, 12:02:18 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on January 19, 2019, 10:53:13 AM
:o :o :o

:D
The problem is that shark has friends and will bring them along every couple of years. ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.