Danube Delta trip 22-26 august

Started by Tile, September 18, 2011, 04:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tile

This trip was planned months in advance. On Monday we arrived at the pension that would serve as our base for the next four days. The fishing spot was a canal linked directly to the Danube river where the main catch was a local species named caras. I tried to get the attention of the local carps but they had none of it. The best part of this trip was when I went to do some pike fishing on lake Solomon in the early hours of Tuesday morning. At 4 AM I woke up and got my kit ready and together with the boatman and another angler we went to the village of Plopu and from there we made an hour long trip by boat to the lake. As soon as we reached the lake we got immediately into the action by casting oscillating lures. The pikes started to show interest in our blinkers and each one of us got home with 6 pikes each. The final part of the fishing action was when I hooked a small perch on a no 3 spinning lure. After that the boatman took us to the Razelm lake which is part of the Razelm-Sinoie lake system. The lake is absolutely immense and it has one island named Popina.

In solid fiberglass we trust

Alto Mare

Very nice Tile. I really like that second picture, love those tripods.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tile

The assembly in the second picture is actually a home made rodpod. I bought 2 buzzbars, an aluminium u channel several banksticks and 2 tripods. The tripods got their legs extended by chopping the banksick heads and the tips of the tripod legs and then fitting and poprivetting in place the bankstick bodies together. The middle position on the buzzbars was capped and the u channel was drilled at the ends to hold the assembly together. The advantages of my rodpod are the versatility and the low weight, in fact it gets stored in one of the side compartments of my rod holder along with the landing net.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tile

When we entered the Razelm lake even if it was for 20 minutes I felt like I was standing on a piece of cork. The lake can be dangerous to small boats because of the high winds that sweep across the area and can generate huge waves. Because of the the winds there is a forrest of wind turbines that were built in the last year and some of them were being put together at that moment. In fact the northern part of Dobrogea is being "populated" by wind generators.