20 Pound Reels!

Started by alantani, September 23, 2011, 05:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Yes it is a 20lb reel, and a good one at that. I was talking about the pictures that you posted from photobucket. I do not see any images, but it might be just me. I probably had too much homemade wine with dinner tonight ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Brendan

X2, It says image or video has been moved or deleted.
Brendan.

George4741

Perhaps he means this.
;D

After all, it is an Int'l 20; doesn't that make it a 20lb reel?  :)

At this moment, I don't think I would fish for anything heavier with mine.  It has the original drag and is very jerky.  Someday I will send it to Cal Sheets so he can work his magic on it.

viurem lliures o morirem

Dominick

Hey Sal and George, I fixed it.  Check it out.  I don't know why Photobucket photos disappear like that.  What I did notice when I fixed it was that the code that removed the photos was different.  Justin, I was browsing on Ebay one evening and saw this reel.  It looked clean so I put it in my watch file.  A few days later I received an email from Ebay saying the bid was ending.  The price was right so I bid on it an it was mine.  I really like it.  The line on it is brand new and it hardly has any scratches on it.  I would give it a 8+ out of 10.  I don't remember what I paid for it but if I find the paperwork, I'll let you know.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 05, 2012, 03:55:44 AM
Yes it is a 20lb reel, and a good one at that. I was talking about the pictures that you posted from photobucket. I do not see any images, but it might be just me. I probably had too much homemade wine with dinner tonight ;)
Sal:  My mother used to use that homemade stuff to dye clothes.   :-*  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

I'm hoping that you're not comparing that california water that you drink with my wine ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Makule

When I first saw the title I thought it had to do with a reel that weighed 20 lbs. and got very excited.  The excitement only lasted a few seconds, kinda like some of my fishing experiences.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Alto Mare

We could keep you excited ;), did you need a reel that weighs 20lb? I believe that 16/0 is close to it.

Dominick

Quote from: Makule on February 06, 2012, 12:05:33 AM
When I first saw the title I thought it had to do with a reel that weighed 20 lbs. and got very excited.  The excitement only lasted a few seconds, kinda like some of my fishing experiences.
I just went out to the garage and weighed the Penn International 20 (The Super Bowl is boring me).  It weighs 4lbs.  1.81436948 Kg for our foreign friends.  Hmmm ??? I wonder if things are lighter down under since Australia and New Zealand are upside down on the map?  Hey Wallace and Justin would you step on a scale and report back on the conditions.  :D Dominick

Makule

Many years ago, I visited a guy in Texas who had Zane Grey's very large, custom Kowalovsky reel.  Awesome looking thing.  Resembled a souped up winch.  That thing weighed at least 20 lbs.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

broadway

I believe the guy who owns Baja fish gear owns the reel you speak of (Kovalovsky 20/0)... I heard it went for $25k  :o

Hey Dominick... How did that Super Bowl bore you... GIANTS WON!!!!!! GO NY, GO NY, GOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm a little excited... sorry,
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on February 06, 2012, 04:53:25 AM
I believe the guy who owns Baja fish gear owns the reel you speak of (Kovalovsky 20/0)... I heard it went for $25k  :o

Hey Dominick... How did that Super Bowl bore you... GIANTS WON!!!!!! GO NY, GO NY, GOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm a little excited... sorry,
Dom

Actually that's what was boring me.  They didn't play that good against the 49ers.  Where did the cohesiveness come from?  They played tough and tight.  Good for the Giants.  Dominick

wallacewt

pesca your standing on the ceiling
my oz weight 66kg
my usa w      99kg
nz is diff;
justin nz w 111kg
justin usa w gk111

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on February 06, 2012, 06:36:49 AM
pesca your standing on the ceiling
my oz weight 66kg
my usa w      99kg
nz is diff;
justin nz w 111kg
justin usa w gk111

Instinctively I knew it ???.  Dominick

Quote from: Makule on February 06, 2012, 12:05:33 AM
The excitement only lasted a few seconds, kinda like some of my fishing experiences.
Makule:  This comment kind of reminds me of the times we would go trolling in the bars in Manhattan... :-* :-* Dominick

Alto Mare

Oh boy, must be Mimosa time in CA. :o.