Penn 113H sideplate question

Started by thorhammer, March 05, 2019, 04:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Hi all, recently picked up a large box of misc. parts, which includes a red 113H tail plate I was planning on finishing off a boneyard build with. The clicker had been harvested, NP. I did see it has the plastic click spring (chintzy). Whoever had it also harvested the whole bearing well, leaving just a hole in the plate. Is there anything I can do here? I have a few maroon tailplates and considered pressing one out and epoxying in place on the red plate. Other option is buy a tophat (I sent all mine out to Ohana, lol) and build it out as a maroon version. I really wanted a red version tho.

any thoughts?

John

Swami805

Pretty sure I have what you need that I'll never use. Pm me and I'll send  them
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Quote from: thorhammer on March 05, 2019, 04:13:48 PM
Hi all, recently picked up a large box of misc. parts, which includes a red 113H tail plate I was planning on finishing off a boneyard build with. The clicker had been harvested, NP. I did see it has the plastic click spring (chintzy). Whoever had it also harvested the whole bearing well, leaving just a hole in the plate. Is there anything I can do here? I have a few maroon tailplates and considered pressing one out and epoxying in place on the red plate. Other option is buy a tophat (I sent all mine out to Ohana, lol) and build it out as a maroon version. I really wanted a red version tho.

any thoughts?

John

Yes, my thoughts are for you to toss that plate and don't waste your time on it.
Sorry, I do not have a red one to send you.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

I took another look at it, Sal. I was trying to be creative and reclaim that plate but upon examination, I'd have to basically break bearing cup out of another maroon plate, destroying that plate in the process. I'm not willing to do that...

Sheridan and Ted have got me hooked up though.

Thanks, Ohana!

John