Stress Free Maiden Voyage today.

Started by Newell Nut, March 08, 2019, 01:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Maiden Voyage of the 252 Dusky. Got me nice fat cobia to bloody the deck for the first time. Life is good aboard the Stress Free.

Dwight

steelfish

Quote from: Newell Nut on March 08, 2019, 01:27:02 AM
Life is good aboard the Stress Free.
life is always good aboard a boat

congrats COmpadre

whatta great fish

did you used a newell reel  ::) ::)?
The Baja Guy

conchydong

Great fish to break her in that is a nice one. I love eating Cobia. Save a bit for ceviche
Scott

bluefish69

I wish you all the best with the NEW BOAT.

Catch them up

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Quote from: steelfish on March 08, 2019, 01:43:42 AM
Quote from: Newell Nut on March 08, 2019, 01:27:02 AM
Life is good aboard the Stress Free.
life is always good aboard a boat

congrats COmpadre

whatta great fish

did you used a newell reel  ::) ::)?

I was using my Viking jig in a high speed retrieve so used my Penn torque 7500 spinner. 50 inches per turn.

Alto Mare

Nice fish Dwight, and its only the beginning ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Donnyboat

Great Dwight, you deserve that, hopefully many more to come, enjoy cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Reel 224

Dwight: Congratulations on the boat and the nice cobia. Life is good!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Steve-O

Very nice Cobia, Dwight.  My mouth is watering for some fish tacos! ;D

And for those of us ( me ) who don't know what a Dusky 252 looks like. Wow! real nice rig.

Newell Nut

I was surprised at how well they handle rough water and stay dry. The only water I got was from 15kt NE wind blowing spray on me. The big bow just pushes water away nicely.

Dwight

Maxed Out

Looks like a very well thought out design and is that a live bait well under the helm seat ??

Love the twins. With a little practice you'll find out how much more maneuverable you are in tight places when docking. It took me a while, but leaving motors strait and one in reverse, and other in forward and you can spin like you're on a pogo stick

I also see scuppers which tells me it's self bailing. Congrats on your new fishing machine and the nice fish !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

The man is in heaven.  Stress free maiden voyage and getting the skunk off.  Can't beat that.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Maxed Out on March 08, 2019, 06:31:49 PM
Looks like a very well thought out design and is that a live bait well under the helm seat ??

Love the twins. With a little practice you'll find out how much more maneuverable you are in tight places when docking. It took me a while, but leaving motors strait and one in reverse, and other in forward and you can spin like you're on a pogo stick

I also see scuppers which tells me it's self bailing. Congrats on your new fishing machine and the nice fish !!

Ted

Yes that is about a 40 gallon live well under the seat. Did not want one in the stern to interfere with fishing. You are correct on the scuppers as well.

Dwight

Newell Nut

Quote from: Dominick on March 08, 2019, 06:33:42 PM
The man is in heaven.  Stress free maiden voyage and getting the skunk off.  Can't beat that.  Dominick

You know I do not fish for fun. I fish for food. ;D ;D