HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A REEL IN SUCH CONDITION?

Started by Cor, March 11, 2019, 11:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Quote from: Reeltyme on February 12, 2024, 06:37:22 PMI service reels for $$, ($20). Thankfully I don't have any friends that treat their equipment like that, as of now anyway. I do, from time to time, have someone bring a very neglected yard sale find in and ask if I can bring it back to life, and some of them are definitely a challenge, but that's what we do. I do it for relaxation and meditation. I meditate on what in the world am I doing! My true payment is the look on their face when they see the p.o.s. they brought in that now looks fantastic! Makes my day to know another fine instrument has been saved from the junk pile! I'm sure we will all keep complaining while we continue to do what we do.

Your pricing is too low.  If there is little value or an unreasonable low price for your services & expertise —- they will never appreciate what you went through to bring it back to near new.

We have to value ourselves before we can be valued.

I do a lot of e-Bay specials, and yard sale finds for folks.

But, of course, that is your call.

Best Always, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.