grandwave z handle?

Started by pullrachet, September 30, 2011, 09:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullrachet

Which handles fit the grandwave 50z without any modification?  other daiwa handles? shimano tor/trin?

alantani

the shimanos are different from the daiwas.  that's always made things difficult.  never seen a good list for either.  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mackereljoe

The previous model Saltist should work.  I replaced my GW 50Z with a handle from Quantum Cabo 16lptsb since it's a little cheaper.  I'm sure a handle from Smooth drag should work pretty good also. 

pullrachet

previous model saltist meaning the silver one not the black and gold one right?  can you confirm that these handles will fit or just speculation?  what about the sealine x handles.

mackereljoe

Just to make sure, i removed the handle from my Saltist 30h and it's a exact fit for the GW50Z.  Still the Quantum handle looks and feels better.   Sealine X?  gold handle in a silver reel seems too frankenstein looking for me. 

pullrachet

do you know where I can readily buy either the saltist or quantum handle as a replacement part without scouring ebay or other forums?

pullrachet

sorry to bother mackereljoe, but will I need the saltist nut too or will the grandwave nut work with the saltist handle?

mackereljoe

The old nut will work but it don't look good and it might back-out if not torque enough.  Recommend getting the saltist screw and the little nut screw to make it all uniform.