the Super Saiyajin Rod

Started by steelfish, March 22, 2019, 11:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

according to my wife this is one of the most beatiful rods I have made so far, it was made for a  kid of a close friend, his son is mega fan of the Dragon Ball cartoon and well I must confes that I also saw that cartoon some years ago (I must've been in my 20's  ::), so, I was also exited to have this rod request as personal project, of course my friend just told me, just do whatever you want on the rod, the only requirement is that it must be relative to the Dragon Ball cartoon series and have a the main character Goku when it was a kid, my friend didnt know nothing about the cartoon series  :-\.
the rod came much better than the original idea I had in my mind, so good that eventho its not my motto but "maybe" I will do an identical rod for myself  ;D.

I dont need to say that the kid (which is 13yo) was totally stocked / exited when he got the rod.

some of you might recognize some of the logos, characters and more figures relatives to the cartoon.

The Baja Guy

steelfish

here are some more pics cuz each guide have a image related to the series.
The Baja Guy

steelfish

the dragon ball No. 4  ;)
The Baja Guy

Donnyboat

Gee wez Alex, you are a gifted man, I`ve said it before, its not till you have a go @ turning rods yourself, then you relizes what a good job is, thanks for posting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

Alex, that is one of the best looking rods I have seen.  You have gotten pretty good at rod building.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

twotone

I know nothing about the cartoon . Nice work>!
twotone

Swami805

Very nice rod Alex, it really pops!! I'm sure that young man is fired up!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Reel 224

Alex: You have come a long very well since you first built the first rod in the wood rod wrapper. You are truly talented, keep up with the rod work.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jigtosser

Alex,

I have seen many custom rods wrapped with a theme, or a story in mind...
Butt, the Cartoon Theme Idea is a work of art with a different twist.
Bravo Amigo ! Most Excellent Work !!!  ;D

Dan

Bryan Young

Insane Brother!!!  Love what you did!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Hardy Boy

Alex: Great job ! A work of art I would have to say. I have tried rod buiding in the past ......... I wish I stuck with when I see that kind of skill and results.

Cheers:

todd
Todd

Darin Crofton

Beautiful work, Alex, my Son loves DBZ too!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Rivverrat

Alex that rod is very nicely laid out. I'm not much for theme oriented rods. But this one you've done here is extremely nice. Dont believe what youve done here could be improved on... Jeff

steelfish

Thanks a lot for your kind words amigos, it really mean a lot to me,  Im glad you liked it too.

Quote from: Rivverrat on March 23, 2019, 06:02:56 AM
Dont believe what youve done here could be improved on... Jeff

There is always room to improve compadre Jeff.

Lately I have made some rods with pretty basic wrap and colors for guys that dont care about looks, nothing wrong with that but they dont worth to be shown until this one.

Thanks again
The Baja Guy