Stradic 8000 FI

Started by LifeN_ReelTime, October 04, 2011, 03:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LifeN_ReelTime

Just bought a used stradic.  Couple issues and questions. 

When I screw the handle in tight it still has a slight wiggle back and forth.  Is this a common thing with the stradics after use?

The bell in the closed position has a lot of free travel.  I would say at least 40 degrees before it feels like anything affects it.  Is there a part that can be serviced to fix this?

I plan on using this site (which is awesome) to completely service the reel but wanted to check if there is something I can do while serviceing it to fix these problems.

Thanks for the help.

alantani

boy, i wish i knew spinners better.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

cook22

This is not normal.  I have had this problem with other spinning reels and all it takes is a small washer inside the reel and that should fix the wobble.

day0ne

I hate to say it, but most of my Shimano spinners go back to Shimano for service, except for the modified ones. For $25, it isn't worth trying to figure what's wrong with them for me. While I am quite capable of rebuilding a reel (have done hundreds) and do, when I have a Shimano that I know the parts will be more than $35, I send it in. It's cheaper. The last Charter Special I sent them, they just sent back a new one (which I then modified with Carbontex, alum frame, handle, etc). I know that this isn't what this board is all about, but money is money. I've never paid Shimano over about $40 parts and all. I have spent over $40 on parts for a reel.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter