Offshore angler reels?

Started by Hogginhank, October 08, 2011, 09:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogginhank

I was given an Offshore Angler baitcaster but it has a broken ear on the level wind plastic piece. I know these are a Bass Pro Shops reel but they can not tell me anything about them and have no parts available. Anyone no where I can get some more info about these reels. It has " IEX10SW" on the side plate and it is a 6.3 : 1. Thanks for any leads. Hank

alantani

waitaminnit!!!!!   bass pro shops sells these and has no parts to back them up?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Hogginhank

Quote from: alantani on October 10, 2011, 03:10:32 AM
waitaminnit!!!!!   bass pro shops sells these and has no parts to back them up?

I guess I'm not the first person in the WORLD to have this problem?? Lol

I just snipped off the other ear that was binding up on the level wind cover and polished/ oiled it up and it is working now. I'm probably not even going to try and get a new part. If it brakes and won't work at all I might look for some parts but I'm guessing that I probably won't find any. :(

alantani

they have a repair department.  it's a big one, from what i've heard.  these guys have got to have an inventory of parts. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Hogginhank

Quote from: alantani on October 11, 2011, 05:59:05 AM
they have a repair department.  it's a big one, from what i've heard.  these guys have got to have an inventory of parts. 

Well I just talked to the guy at the reel counter that was supposed to be "The Guy" when it came to reels and stuff but I guess he wasn't that informed on what they have to offer. I guess I will try again. At least there is a number on the right side plate that might help me get what I need..Thanks..Hank